Friday 11 February 2011

Origami Dollar Bills

As we were working with paper I decided to do some research on origami. It originates from east asia and has become widely popular. You can make anything with a single sheet of paper if you know how to fold it right! Here are some I found made out of dollar bills from america.




Above are an origami camera, elephant and turtle. The detail you can achieve with such a small amount of paper amazing! Below is a picture of an origmi toilet with movable toilet seat! haha I love it.





I wanted to try out some myself so i decided to make something that looked abit more simple. Above is the heard made from a dollar bill that I attempted to make myself, and was quite successful!


They werent so difficult so I then moved on to try the more traditional Swan or Crane. After a few goes I was able to make them so they actually looked like what they're meant to look like :)

No comments:

Post a Comment