Monday 14 February 2011

Workshop

Working on a larger scale this time we carried on looking at how to create repetitive shapes using one sheet of paper.



I started off folding the paper and then folding them back to make them 3D. I think this method would be quite affective if you were to make a simple shape but harder if your aim was to make a larger sized sculpture.


By drawing and cutting out a template it makes it easier to make repetitive shapes that are all the same size.



I quite like this shape. It was made using a square and scoring a cirdle in the middle. I then slit from the middle diagonally to one corner. Byt twisting it I ended up with a cone in the middle of an arched tirangle. This shape is quite easy to make, and I think for my sculpture I might try to make something using different sizes of the same shape.


This was just a quick experiment based on the veins in leaves. I think it works quite well but wouldnt necessarily work for a sculpture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment